Rectification of code 1 and 2 defects from operational fuel bulk storage depot.
Our team undertook an installation project for a bottom loading system which didn’t meet the correct code of practices and zoning of hazardous areas zone 1 and 2. From this, we repositioned the bottom loading skid control panel that was adjacent to fuel storage tank to safe area location newly formed electrical switch room.
In addition, we repositioned a IHLA panel, sump pump control panel, Drip tray pump motor control panel to safe locations away from Zone 1 and 2 hazardous areas.
Not just this, but our team completed the following work whilst on site:
- Stripped out all redundant panels.
- Relocation of bottom loading panel to safe area
- Relocation of IHLA System to safe area
- Relocation of the Sump pump control panel and drip tray pump motor controls to a safe area
- Installation of correct containment and cable sizes for rating of equipment in use
- Installed 1 Nº TP&N Distribution Board in safe area
- Installed new 4-pole 100A 100mA time delayed RCD
- Installed new main earth bar & new earth electrodes
- Installation of a static earthing system for storage tanks with separate earth electrodes
- Installation of Newson gale earthing spiral lead for offloading fuel
- New Exe certificated and Atex approved junction boxes on bottom loading skid
Latest NewsView all
The Accreditations of a Good Electrical Contractor
Certifications and qualifications serve as a good reflection of an electrical contractor’s experience and knowledge. A list of recognised accreditations should be on your list of criteria when looking to work with a potential new electrical contractor.
Read more Share
A Spotlight on Lighting Inspections
Electrical safety should never be overlooked, especially in businesses and commercial properties that have hundreds of lights fitted.
Read more Share
Latest ProjectsView all
Header Point Lighting Rectification
Our team carried out a rectification project on faulty header point light fittings in Lerwick.
Additional Replacement Light Fitting
In December 2020, our team undertook rectification of a hazardous area light fitting in Northiam.