What is a safe area inspection?
A safe area inspection is referred to an electrical installation condition report (EICR). The purpose of this inspection and testing is to determine what if anything needs to be done to maintain the existing electrical installation in a safe and serviceable condition. The results of the inspection and testing are clearly detailed in the report noting any damage, deterioration, defects and dangerous conditions found in the existing installation that contravene the current addition and requirements of BS 7671.
We utilise licenced software to log test results onto a certificate when carrying out fixed wiring testing – this can be carried out by our engineers on their PDA’s to ensure that test results are captured efficiently and accurately at the time of test, the certificate is then uploaded to the office for finalisation by our qualified supervisors. Our software is updated automatically with any changes in legislation/guidance so that certificates issued are always the most up to date version possible.
- DB schedules are installed and if not, these are installed whilst on site.
- We will label all switches and sockets with circuit references.
- We provide a comprehensive list of defects on the certificate.
- As well as certificates issued, we can provide quotations for rectification of remedial defects.
- Install unique DB references, if required.
- Our engineers have PDA cameras so that any images of defective equipment or installation in areas can be recorded.
- Our engineers are also equipped with thermal imaging cameras to check distribution equipment to highlight any issues.
Latest NewsView all
ATEX Lighting & Inspections: The Gold Standard for Safety
If you operate in hazardous environments such as the oil, gas and mining industries then you will be required to prove that all installed ATEX electrical and mechanical equipment has the right protection.
Read more Share
Prepare for 2021 with Quality Electrical Services
Many businesses will be heading into 2021 with the goal of reducing their energy costs and increasing their efficiency. Here at SR Electrical Services LTD, our team are able to ensure the efficiency of your equipment and personnel by booking your workplace in for inspections and installations.
Read more Share
Latest ProjectsView all
Tank Gauging Installation - Wales
Recently, the SR Electrical Services LTD team were required to make a journey to Wales in order to help a site with their 2No temporary 1 Arm loading skids installation.
Rectification Hazardous Area Electrical Defects
Electrical Inspection and Test of the Oil Lubricant control panels and electrical installation