We carried out an electrical replacements project due to badly corroded terminals and connections.
The SR Electrical team were shocked to find that the cause of a defect found during the inspection at Fort William was due to the j-box being full of water, which had consequently corroded the terminals and connections.
We were able to replace this with a new j-box, and reconnected the cables. The team were also able to carry out the works on the same day, once approved by the regional transport manager for Scotland.
If you would like to find out more about our electrical inspection services and how they could help your business' workplace, click here. Alternatively, if you would like to speak to a member of our friendly team of experts, click here.
Latest NewsView all
How To Ensure Your Hazardous Area Electrics Are Safe
Hazardous areas are present in various businesses with important operations requiring or creating hazardous substances. The risks surrounding electrics in these areas cannot be ignored and workplaces have an obligation to keep their employees safe and their site compliant.
Read more Share
ATEX Requirements: Keep Your Business Compliant
In our previous news article, we shared the importance of ATEX awareness and how to identify an ATEX zone using HSE classifications. Once a zone where a possible explosive atmosphere has been identified, there are several essential requirements a business must apply.
Read more Share
Latest ProjectsView all
Header Point Lighting Rectification
Our team carried out a rectification project on faulty header point light fittings in Lerwick.
Additional Replacement Light Fitting
In December 2020, our team undertook rectification of a hazardous area light fitting in Northiam.